The Billing Coordinator works closely with the Billing Manager to facilitate successful charge capture and billing activity for PediaTrust and/or its affiliates. Aids in reconciliation and maintenance of a solid system of checks and balances for charges and collections managed by the Central Business Office. Primary point person for training of billing staff. Integral part of the revenue cycle process.
Essential Job Functions:
- PediaTrust point person for billing clients. Acts as main point of contact with clients and facilitates regular meetings, attending to needs of the clients.
- Works with the Billing Manager to manage all back-end revenue cycle processes.
- Aids in monitoring successful charge capture on the front-end and clean claim submission.
- Trains new billing staff or existing staff as needed.
- With the Billing Manager, maintains a system of checks and balances for billing and collection processes.
- Coordinator directly handles all HR obligations and needs of staff with support from Billing Manager including payroll and employee reviews.
- Some occasional travel between offices in the Chicagoland area required.
- Other duties as needed.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Minimum of High School Diploma required, Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Minimum of 3-4 years of medical billing experience required
- Knowledge of Epic and/or other EHR systems preferred
- Strong knowledge and level of comfort with computer systems strongly preferred
- Some knowledge of CPT and ICD-10 diagnosis coding preferred
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and high level of organizational skills required